Events not to be missed in Bermagui and surrounding areas in 2019 and 2020:
- 2020 George Bass Surfboat Marathon The George Bass Surfboat Marathon is run by a committee of the Far South Coast Branch of Surf Life Saving NSW and is the longest and toughest surfboat race in the world - 7 days, 7 legs and 190km of the best coastline in Australia. Be part of the spectacle on Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 January as the boats arrive and depart at Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermagui’s town centre. Course breakdown as follows:
Day 1: Sunday 29 December 2019 - Batemans Bay to Moruya 31km
Day 2: Monday 30 December - Moruya to Tuross Head 19km
Day 3: Tuesday 31 December - Coila Beach to Narooma 22km
Day 4: Wednesday 1 January 2020 - Narooma to Bermagui 24km
Day 5: Thursday 2 January - Bermagui to Tathra 36km
Day 6: Friday 3 January - Tathra to Pambula 27km
Day 7: Saturday 4 January - Merimbula to Eden 29km
- Bermagui Blue Water Classic Game Fishing Tournament The annual Bermagui Blue Water Classic game fishing tournament is held over the long weekend Saturday 25 to Monday 27 January 2020 and is hosted by Bermagui Big Game Anglers Club. A NSW Game Fishing Sanctioned Tournament, competitors who sign up will also be chasing other fish such as shark, king fish and tuna, in the waters north or south of Bermagui. With a number of tournament trophies and prizes on offer, there is something for everyone. The prize list is extensive with various categories in the tag and release and capture sections. Prize categories include marlin, other game fish such as yellow fin tuna and shark, junior and lady angler categories, most meritorious, as well as a small fry section and a lucky angler prize.
- Bermagui Marine Rescue Join us at the inaugural moving parts swap meet. For everythiung that runs, rolls and rotates! A must for automotive, marine and motorbike enthusiasts. BBQ, rafffles, refreshments at the Bermagui Country Club, Tuross Street on Sunday 26 January from 8.00am to 1.00pm.
- CRAB Bermagui Poker Run this event is organised by the Cancer Research Advocate Bikers. To be held Saturday 22 February 2020. A day of fun and fundraising commencing with drawing your 1st card at Bermagui Country Club then ride drawing subsequent cards at Candelo Hotel and Pambula Top Pub returning to Bermagui Country Club for your 5th and final card.
- Cobargo Folk Festival is a three day event that attracts over 200 performers from all over the world and is widely described as the best little folk festival in the country. Dates for the 2020 festival are Friday 28, Saturday 29 February and Sunday 1 March.
- Sculpture Bermagui is an annual event which includes an exhibition of outdoor sculpture pieces in the magnificent settings on the headland of Dickinson Point and the Dickinson Park foreshore. As well as indoor sculptural pieces on display in the Bermagui Community Centre. To be held Friday 6 finishing Sunday 15 March 2020.
- Four Winds Easter Festival of classical, cultural and world music. Held annually over Easter in a parkland bush amphitheatre at the Four Winds site at Barragga Bay near Bermagui. Permforances are also held in Bermagui and surrounds. The next Festival will be held Thursday 9 finishing Monday 12 April 2020.
- Narooma Oyster Festival Join us on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 May 2020 at Forster's Bay, Narooma. The festival always delivers something special for everyone – from foodies to families, combining a cosmopolitan quality food experience with excellent music and family entertainment.
- ReBoot in Bermagui is an annual weekend to run, refresh, relax and renew in beautiful Bermagui now to be held over the October long weekend. In 2020 this will be Saturday 3 and Sunday 4. Two awesome programs to choose: ReEnergise (Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga - catering for all levels of fitness) and ReActivate (fun run and ocean swims).
- Montreal Goldfield Annual Heritage Day A fun day for all the family with tours and music, sausage sizzle, billy tea and damper, bullock team, lots of kids things, gold panning, stalls and more. Normally held in October. 2020 dates to be finalised.
- Narooma Boats Afloat is an annual weekend festival held on Wagonga Inlet celebrating traditional wooden boats in all their varied forms - from clinkers and putt-putt to launches, cruisers and yachts. Held mid November. 2020 dates to be advised.
- Bermagui Seaside Fair stay tuned for more information on the re-invigoration of this great event.